Outdoor Obstacle Course

Out door Obstacle Course.

After a couple days of rain we needed to get outside and do something physical.  At our house, we love obstacle courses and I have been hanging to do a large scale outdoor one for Dimples, this was my chance.

Dimples waited up by the fence for the count down, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Goooo.
He ran down to the wheelbarrow, used the wheelbarrow (which is great for stability & balance) until he got to the skipping rope.
I had tied the skipping rope up across from the trampoline to a box so it was almost his knee height off the ground. All in the aim to trip him over, MwahaHAHa.  So that he could jump over it & onto the next task, the bouncing jack!



He bounced down the hill on the jumping jack until he got to the traffic cones, then jogging along he weaved in & out, around the traffic cones.
To my Amusement, if he knocked one over he would say "Oops-a-daisy" stop turn around & perfectly place it back in the line...


Next was to step up on to the balance beam and walk the plank then jump off the end.


The next obstacle was to jump through a line of sticks, in between the sticks without touching any.  Dimples did this really well and I personally love it - It brings back memories of playing "fly"or "sticks" at the bus stop of a morning, the local kids all used to line the sticks up taking turns and the last person had to replace one stick, if you touched you were out. I used to love it and I was normally one of the last ones left.


After the sticks Dimples crawled through the tunnel, an outdoor table with a black sheet over it.
At the end was a shopping basket (literally! I happened to have a super market basket in the shed, dont ask me how it got there).
He had to grab the basket and collect ten balls that were scrambled through the grass, shot them/throw them into the basket before he could run with his basket to the finish line.


At the finish line he had to dump the balls in the hoop and cross the finsh line, which was a traffic stop line.  His favourite obsticle was the balance beam, jumping over the sticks and through the tunnel. 


Dimples did the course a few times til he perfected it, of course I had to do it a few times as well which our Siberian Husky, Demon thought was hillarious! He came running up thinking I was playing around as I do with him and started chasing us. We managed to get him (he is a very large & lazy dog) to walk the balance beam with us and go through the tunnel but for the most of the time he sat ontop of the table peering under at us as we raced through...
Dimples then just went around and around on his favourites - the balance beam, the sticks and the tunnel!



12 comments:

  1. This a a cute idea! Looking forward to the weather warming up so we can play outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun looking course! I think my son's favorites would be the balance beam and tunnel as well. I found your post through the outdoor play party. Thanks for sharing! So glad to see other families really enjoying the outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks like so much fun & I love all the resources that you are using, most of them not costing you a fortune. Thank-you so much for linking up this week. I'm going to share this post on my facebook page (learning for life) thanks again, Kierna

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your obstacle course!! I bet your kiddo had hours of fun. I can't wait for summer to get back outside more! I shared this with my Facebook readers here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Living-Life-Intentionally/261252997248957
    Thanks for linking up to TGIF! See you tomorrow,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your obstacle course! We regularly make obstacle cources for the boys both indoors and out, they love it! Thanks for sharing!

    Mama Of Many Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like SO MUCH FUN!! I love outdoor activities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that looks like so much fun. Did you do the obstacle course too? I'd like to go head to head with my kids, especially the teenagers. I think I could still beat them. I'll put this on my "things to do" list once the snow melts (and the mud subsides) up here.

    Come see us at Layers of Learning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love obstacle course too!! Your son looks like he is having so much fun. I am going to share this on my Facebook Page, The Golden Gleam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like lots of fun! You brought back my own memories of playing sticks...i had totally forgotten that game...maybe i shall reintroduce it to my twin toddlers! Thanks for sharing such great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the fun ideas. I've wanted to set up an obstacle course for the kids, but this looks totally doable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love making obstacle courses. I love the tunnel, how creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking this post to Tuesday Tots. Just letting you know that I am featuring it in this week's TT features on Learn with Play at home :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...